Friday Night Party To Jumpstart Harley-Davidson New York Short Track at Weedsport Speedway July 6
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (July 4, 2018) – Whether you’ve already secured tickets to the July 7 Harley-Davidson New York Short Track or are considering it, the weekend just got a lot better! Because in addition to all the all the high-intensity, bar-bangin’ AFT Twins, AFT Singles and Harley Hooligans motorcycle racing on Saturday, things will heat up on Friday night at the track with a Bike Night Kick Off Party featuring live music, an all-Harley stunt show, giveaways, craft beers, wine, food, autograph signings with the top riders and a very special surprise featuring reigning AFT Twins champion Jared Mees.
Mees and Weedsport GM Jim Phelps will be trading places and trading racing machines for a few laps, with Mees driving Phelps' 800-horsepower Dirt Mod race car, and Phelps spinning a few laps on Mees' Indian FTR750 racer. It all starts at 6:00, so don't miss it!
Best of all, entrance to the Kick Off Party is free!
You do not want to miss American Flat Track’s only visit to New York this season, so grab your race tickets asap! A range of tickets – from General Admission to VIP – are available at the party or at https://www.showclix.com/event/new-york-short-track. But hurry, because VIP tickets – like our Trackside VIP spots with exclusive access, views and food/drink options – are selling quickly and won’t last.
Friday night’s Kick Off Party starts at 6 pm ET and runs until 9 pm, and features the following attractions:
- Autograph signings and Q&A with top AFT stars, including Team Harley-Davidson stars Sammy Halbert, Brandon Robinson and Jarod Vanderkooi; Indian Motorcycle factory riders Jared Mees, Bryan Smith and Brad Baker; Husqvarna’s Shayna Texter, reigning AFT Singles champion Kolby Carlile, Kenny Coolbeth Jr., ex-champ Ryan Wells, select Harley Hooligan-series riders, and others.
- Live music from Small Town Shade, an acoustic country/pop/rock band from Cortland, NY that’s currently touring the Northeast. Additional musical jamming from Downbeat Percussion, the Official Drumline of the Buffalo Bills.
- Harley-Davidson’s very cool Jumpstart display, which allows motorcycling newbies to sit on, start and shift a full-sized motorcycle through the gears while it’s bolted firmly to a customized trailer.
- All-Harley stunt show featuring Grim Company, the ‘Premier East Coast Harley-Davidson Stunt Team’.
- Party Giveaways include a Nicky Hayden Arai helmet, a Vance & Hines exhaust, Dunlop Tires, K&N and Sunoco Gas gift cards, Motul Oil changes and products, race tickets and much more!
- Local craft beers and fine wines, plus a selection of local food faves, including Central New York’s famous Salt Potatoes.
What the pros are saying:
I’m looking forward to Weedsport,” said top AFT Singles competitor Shayna Texter. “My Husqvarna FC 450 gets better every weekend, and I hear the facility is really top-notch. Should be a lot of fun.”
“Being able to race a National at a track near my hometown of Albion, NY, is really awesome,” said ex-champ and local racer Ryan Wells. “Growing up, you hear your racing heroes talk about winning a hometown race, and here’s my chance to do it at Weedsport. It’d be great to get a win in front of folks I know, so I’m plenty motivated.”
“We’re all very excited about our Friday/Saturday event combination,” said American Flat Track Chief Operations Officer Cameron Gray. “Saturday’s racing is going to be fantastic – we know that. But when you mix in the Friday night party, the music and the attractions we’ve arranged, the weekend takes on a whole new dimension. As we say at AFT Events, ‘Come for the Party and Stay for the Race!’” Remember, entrance to the Friday Night Kick Off party is free, so come enjoy!